Wednesday, November 16, 2011

This Is Not A Painting
November 16, 2011 10:50 am
 iPhone 4S
I retired from programming three months ago and immediately returned to painting. I never stopped photographing but painting and the entire concept of using paints and brushes and pencils to imagine and then conceive a creative construct disappeared from my life.
When I started as a young COBOL programmer we used punch cards for code, I would keep a stack in my shirt pocket and draw on the blank side, the world of imagination on one side and the rows of numbers on the other. A year or two and the abstract world of Art was supplanted by the invisible construct of COBOL code, applied poetry of the mainframe.
The image above is a photograph of my morning meditation, brushes paint and a canvas, I am down there blending and working an edge, I am focused on the point of a blue brush, licking a red spiral I drew yesterday, the world is at peace and I am at home.
Shalom.

No comments: