Tuesday, August 23, 2011

A Typical Day
On The Way
Brooklyn
May 19, 2008
Panasonic Lumix FZ-8
I am on the way back to my office, sky overcast, rain threatening. I am wearing one of fifteen identical shirts ordered from Lands End, with a pair of khakis from Macy's, and one of a half dozen black jackets with pockets that zipper. A very attractive outfit for a man such as myself, perhaps I can be featured at the http://www.thesartorialist.com/.
The camera is one of my favorites, the first of three FZ cameras I owned.
The pictured FZ8 I gave to my son Solomon when we were photographing atop Bear Mountain and his tripod blew over in the wind cracking his little Sony video camera. I missed having the flexibility of a super zoom, replacing it with the then current FZ35. This camera was passed on to my daughter Naomi for an occasion, the significance of which escapes me at the moment. Alas once more I missed the camera and replaced it with the FZ100 which remains in rotation as of today.
The image quality of the FZs is not that great due to the tiny chip but the ability to reach out and grab a shot from a great distance is superb.
The post directly below this one titled "A Fine Ferry" was taken with the FZ100 handheld at a distance measured in miles.

No comments: